The Jacobson shipping and receiving department seeks an experienced Box Truck Delivery Driver with strong organizational and customer service skills to join our team. This is an important role to our business operations as the largest floral hard goods supplier in New England and one of the largest in the United States.
The Delivery Driver reports to Shipping Manager and is responsible for ensuring the proper delivery of orders to customers in a timely and professional manner which reflects Jacobson’s values and customer service standards.
- Deliver all product to Jacobson customers with exceptional customer service skills, professionalism, and integrity.
- Responsible for full cycle of all deliveries including, but not limited to,
- Delivery of all pieces
- Securing customer signatures, returns, credit memos, etc.
- Complete appropriate shift documentation and notes.
- Receiving duties, stocking duties, and other tasks on an as needed basis.
- Meet all shipping schedules to meet customer’s needs under time restraints of orders.
- Develop working knowledge of product and changing inventory to provide quality customer service.
- Must be able to lift 60 pounds.
Responsibilities on the road
- Comply with all Massachusetts’s Registry of Motor Vehicle (RMV) regulations, local speed, and traffic laws.
- Communicate immediately with central dispatch and shipping manager of any incidents, accidents, or disruptions in delivery schedule or payment.
- Operate all company vehicles in a safe manner and treat other motorists with courtesy.
- Responsible for cleanliness, maintenance, service, and state inspection of company vehicle.
Required to support successful execution of position responsibilities
- Team player willing to assist with any task as needed to benefit the company and customer experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and genuine interest helping customers and colleagues.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced environment.