The Jacobson Finance Department is seeking a full-time Junior Accountant to fulfill an integral transactional and reporting function. This role touches all aspects of accounting from Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, Monthly Account Reconciliations, Reporting and other special projects as needed.
This associate reports directly to the CFO of our medium-sized family-owned business in the South End of Boston.
What Jacobson Offers
- Blue Cross health insurance
- Delta Dental insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- 401K after one year of employment
- Free parking in Boston's South End in our parking lot
- On site training and direct access to the executive team
- Flexible schedule within 40 hour/week requirements
- Room for growth and additional responsibility
- Review and match product invoices to purchase orders.
- Review operating expense invoices for accuracy and get approvals from department heads as needed.
- Book to appropriate general ledger accounts.
- Resolve purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies with purchasing department to insure proper payment and credits are received for vendor discrepancies.
- Pay vendors by scheduling and preparing checks.
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements from vendors.
- Reconcile bank activity daily and make journal entries for Wire, ACH, non check payments and receipts.
- Reconcile general ledger activity to monthly bank statement and make appropriate adjusting entries.
- Generate, review, and disperse daily, weekly, monthly sales reports using business intelligence software, Access, and Excel.
Qualifications and Skills
- Two years of Accounts Payable experience required.
- Strong Excel skills required.
- Knowledge of Access preferred.
- Strong numerical aptitude.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field.
- Strong communication skills including verbal, written, and interpersonal.
- Ability to multi-task and manage several ongoing projects while meeting deadlines.
- Strong observation and analytical skills with creativity.
- Good organization skills with an attention to detail.
- Experience with Sage software a plus.
A curious mind who can look beyond the numbers and make savvy business recommendations. Also the desire to grow!